Thursday, October 7, 2010

RE: I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin

Chris Tomlin is a big part of many charities that implement following Christ.  “I Will Rise” by Chris Tomlin, released in 2008, is a great song because he uses many literary devices and he knows how to put music to his lyrics in a manner that makes the lyrics stick in your head after listening to the song. Chris Tomlin uses a pervasive mood, an original point of view, and alliteration. He implements these things to have the song catch people’s attention to try to help them rise up and do the right thing.
Chris Tomlin has an original point of view in his song “I Will Rise”. He wrote “I Will Rise” himself and wanted to implement his true feelings to God and for the world to see his true feelings to God. He talks about when Jesus overcame the grave and how God will rise us up so long as we have faith in Him and do our best to worship Him in our every move. When Chris Tomlin says, “There’s a day that’s drawing near, when the darkness breaks to light, and the shadows disappear and my faith shall be my eyes”, that puts a great image in my head that’s originally what God put in Chris Tomlin.
The alliteration in “I Will Rise” isn’t very strong without the meaning behind the lines. Chris Tomlin says, “There’s a peace I’ve come to know/Though my heart and flesh may fail/There’s an anchor for my soul/I can say ‘It is well’” and to me that shows how he has strong afflictions from God. These lines have so much meaning and the alliteration brings more strength to them.
The pervasive mood in “I Will Rise” in the fact that its loving and wants to show the love of Jesus and how He did die on the cross so we can live with Him in heaven forever. “And I will rise when He calls my name/No more sorrow, no more pain/ I will rise on eagles’ wings/Before my God fall on my knees/And rise/I will rise” is the last verse of the song and it makes me desire to strive to be more like Christ.
Chris Tomlin wants others to rise with him. He does a good job at inspiring others to rise up and lets joy be his strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment