Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Grandpas

                MY GRANPAS
                                                                                My grandpa Dean
                                                                Was always there for me
                                                His hugs were sweet and tenderly

                                My grandpa Poppy
                He was someone I adore
I wish he lived right next door

                They both were loving
                                Both kind and sweet
                                                My grandpas you want on your street
                                                               
                                                                Sad if you never met them
                                                                                They gave us a kiss and said good-bye
                                                                                                Every-one in the room had a tear in their eye

                                                                                On March 23rd 2004
                                                                My grandpa Poppy was no more
                                                So the coroner took him out the door
                               
                                On March 25th 2004
                The bagpipes played “Amazing Grace”
While he was put into his resting place
               
                On April 22nd 2004
After my mom and grandpa Dean said their good-byes
                My grandmother gently closed his eyes

                   On April 27th 2004
                                All the stories I heard were to my surprise
                                           I had to wipe the tear drops from my eyes

3 comments:

  1. this is fantastic.
    the only thing i would suggest to do is to keep the shape with the last stanza, just center it a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actally, ther's one spot i catch on.
    'the kind of grandpa's you'd want on your street."
    it seems to fall of the rythmn a bit.
    if there's a way to make that line just a hair shorter, it'd be grand and flowing.
    that's the only thing though.
    the rest is grand. gives me a little chill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Heaven!!! It flows gracefully and depicts the sad truth of life. It shows what the world has taken from us and how. Makes me want to wipe tears from my eyes....

    ReplyDelete